Chopped Taco Mason Jar Salad
Prep time Cook time
15 mins 15 mins
Author: Organize Yourself Skinny
Recipe type: lunch/dinner
Servings: 1 per jar, 5 jars total
- 5 wide mouth quart size mason jars
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 packet taco seasoning (I use simply organic low salt)
- 1¼ cups salsa
- 5 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1 quart cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5 mini cucumbers, sliced
- 1 small to medium red onion, chopped
- 2 avocados, chopped
- juice from half of a lime
- jalapenos diced (optional)
- 5 cups chopped romain lettuce
- in a medium pan cook ground turkey until no longer pink. Add black beans, jalapenos, seasoning packet, and the amount of water stated in seasoning packet directions. Let taco mixture cool.
- Divide ingredients among mason jars starting with salsa then adding greek yogurt, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, jalapeños, avocados, taco meat, then lettuce. Place lid on and close tight. No need to vacuum seal. Store in refridgerator and pull out one each day.
- When ready to eat, shake real good, then pour into a bowl and enjoy.