It is about that time to wean yourself from the sugar and carbohydrate rush of the season. To help, here is a new breakfast or dessert idea that will make the transition easier. Enjoy your New Year Celebration!
Sweet-Crunch Strawberry Pistachio Protein Crisp
The sweet and salty combo of pistachios and strawberries topped with a crunchy oat mix will leave your sweet tooth happily satisfied. With an extra boost from the protein powder and coconut oil, this crisp dessert will also leave you feeling full for longer.
• 1½ whey vanilla protein powder, divided
• ½ cup rolled oats
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
• 3 cups strawberries, sliced
• ½ cup pistachios, crushed
• 2 packets Stevia powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 1-quart baking dish with non-stick spray and set aside.
2. Stir together 1 scoop protein powder, oats, cinnamon, and coconut oil in a mixing bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, combine strawberries, pistachios, ½ scoop protein powder, and xylitol.
4. Spoon fruit mixture into prepared dish then evenly sprinkle the oat mixture on top of fruit. Lightly toss together.
5. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until top is golden brown and fruit is bubbling.
6. Let cool for 20 minutes then enjoy!
Makes 6 servings
recipe by leanbodyforher.com.