by Rachel Maser – CleanFoodCrush
modified by eatlivefit.net
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, tenders, or thighs, cut into 1” bite sized pieces
- 1/3 cup gluten free flour
- 2 tsp fresh grated garlic, or garlic powder
- 2 tsp fresh grated ginger, or ginger powder
- 2 Tbsps sesame oil
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced small
- 2 green onions or scallions, finely sliced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes, or to taste
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste about 1/4 teaspoon each
For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos, Bragg’s liquid aminos, or low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken bone broth
- 2-3 Tbsps raw honey (depending on your sweetness preference)
- 1 tsp garlic powder, or fresh grated garlic
- 1 tsp favorite hot sauce (optional)
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger, or freshly grated
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- tiny pinch of sea salt
- In a large ziplock bag or glass bowl add chicken, flour, garlic powder, ginger powder, sea salt and pepper.
- Seal the bag and toss chicken pieces to get all chicken pieces nicely coated.
- In a small bowl, combine and whisk together your ingredients for the sauce. Set aside.
- Heat your sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add coated chicken and cook until golden on all sides, but not entirely cooked through, about 3-4 minutes, creating a crispy crust on the chicken.
- Stir in bell peppers and carrots and continue to cook until veggies soften a bit.
- Pour your sauce over top of the chicken and veggies, bring it all to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until chicken is cooked through and sauce thickens up a bit, about 3-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle with green onions/scallions and enjoy