I try to cut sugar completely out of my diet and for those of you that are doing the same, I found a sweet for your sweet tooth that won’t undo all your hard work in the gym. These are for occasional indulgences, not regular meals mind you, but they are delicious and easy to whip up quickly. The rich filling is so satisfying that a little goes a long way!
These balls is that they take 10 minutes to whip up, there is no baking involved! No sugar highs or crashes with these yummy treats, just good old yumminess! Enjoy!
- 2 cups soaked, pitted Medjool dates
- 2 cups of nuts (pecan, walnut, almond, brasil nut, or a mix)
- ½ cup unsweetened natural coconut (optional)
- organic 72% chocolate (for coating)
- Place all ingredients in food processor and process until a thick paste forms, not too smooth but almost like chunky nut butter.
- With a heaping teaspoon amount, form balls in between your palms.
- You can keep them like this, or you can roll some in coconut, nut pieces, or dip in melted chocolate. Keep in airtight container or freeze until needed. They get chewier in the freezer, not rock hard.
recipe by Your Beauty Fuel Rita Catolino, modified by eatlivefit.net
One thought on “A Sweet for your Sweet Tooth!”