Thought this little diagram would bring this message home. Why in the world should you drink 100+ oz. of water a day? So many reasons, so go grab a glass of water and read on….
1. It keeps your body functioning the way it should. Our bodies are composed of about 60% water – over HALF of your body weight. Essential bodily functions such as digestion, circulation, absorption of nutrients, and the maintenance of body temperature are all affected by your hydration level. Without the proper intake, your body has to determine which function to perform poorly. Don’t make your body choose.
2. Water keeps your muscles from fatiguing too quickly. Your muscles are made up of millions of cells, which when deprived, can result in performance loss and electrolyte imbalance. We eat for the training we do so why not hydrate for it as well? Hydrating while working up a sweat will keep you in the game for longer and with more strength.
3. Water improves elasticity EVERYWHERE. That’s right! In case you didn’t catch that, improved elasticity all over your body. If you want your skin to look supple and bright, drink more water. Dehydration causes your skin to look dry and wrinkled – WHO WANTS THAT?! Not us. Drink up and you will start to look fresh.
4. Water keeps things…..moving down there. It keeps your kidneys and gastrointestinal tract functioning as they should. These organs are critical to our health and when they aren’t given the proper amounts of fiber and hydration, they start to shut down. You’ve heard of kidney stones and constipation. Yeah. Although nothing will trump your genetics (some people are just prone to digestion issues, no matter their H2O intake), drinking enough water will definitely lower your risk for both.
5. The BEST reason to drink water?! It aids in fat loss. It’s not new news that drinking enough water keeps us full and satisfied between meals. When you THINK you’re hungry, you might actually be dehydrated. Drink a glass of water to find out. If you are still hungry after those 8oz of clear goodness, then go for the snack. I find I’m almost ALWAYS thirsty when my belly says time for something sweet. Your body knows best but our brains trick us into thinking we should eat more.
Cheers to peeing clear all day!
content supported by fatlossfoodies, modified by eatlivefit.net
One thought on “100+ oz. a day!!!”
Take care, Kelley