Dinner at my house tonight, just add grilled chicken, and “lickety split”, a main dish is ready.
Spicy Pineapple Salsa
recipe by thatsugarfilm modified by eatlivefit.net
- 1 – medium pineapple, skin removed and cut into thick slices
- 1 – red onion, quartered
- 1 cup – coriander leaves
- 1 – red bullet chili
- 1 tbsp – black sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp – olive oil
1. Brush the pineapple with a little olive oil, pop on a baking tray and grill under a broiler until it starts to blacken and caramelize in spots. This took us 5-10 minutes. Alternatively you
could do this on a BBQ or stove-top griddle pan.
2. Roughly chop the pineapple, removing any hard core and set aside to cool.
3. In a food processor, put the onion, coriander, red bullet chili and cooled pineapple.
4. Pulse until the salsa is fine. You could also make a chunkier salsa by chopping everything by hand.
5. Stir in the sesame seeds and olive oil and season to taste.