AHHH NOPE!!! Here are the basics of a clean eating lifestyle:
What Exactly Is “Clean Eating?”
For the most part, clean eaters subscribe to these general guidelines:
- Eat plenty of vegetables, both raw and cooked.
- Eat unprocessed lean meats that have not had anything added. This includes fresh chicken and fish and even lean, humanely raised beef and game.
- Enjoy whole grains instead of the processed or refined variety.
- Eat smaller, more frequent meals about every 2 1/2 – 3 hours.
- Reduce or Eliminate Processed, artificial, preservative laden foods with fresh real food.
Most of the recipes I use and include in this website abide by these rules. “What about all the treats I love,” you ask? I am a big proponent of not going cold turkey but to rely on the 80/20 rule. Eighty percent of the time follow these rules strictly. Twenty percent of the time, have the burger and fries, or the milkshake, or the glass of wine. Eat to live, not live to eat.
I am here to help, let me know how…email@example.com.